Leaving school:

on

So I left sixth form yesterday. (23rd May). For a while now i’ve felt like I was ready and excited too move on. Meet new people, have new experiences. Until that day came around. I realised, that although I thought I was sick of the faces and sick of education, I wasn’t. When parents tell you that school is the best time of your life, they aren’t lying. Looking back,it genuinely was. 13 Years I’ve been in education and now it’s all finished and I wish I hadn’t taken it for granted.
The matter of the fact is; enjoy it while you can. All the arguments you have with your friends, don’t really matter,because the truth is when you leave, you probably would of already made a new set of friends. 
I don’t really like regretting things because I’m a firm believe that, ‘everything happens for a reason’ but I genuinely wish I put more effort into my school work. Instead of trying to be apart of that “in crowd”. None of that matters, put yourself first, friends will fall into place and accept you for who you are. Do what you love to do and the rest will come naturally. 
I made a lot of big changes this year to make me happy. It was daunting at first, I thought I’d loose friends and regret everything. But looking back it has made me happier. 
 Back to friday; It honestly was a highly emotional day, there was plenty of tears, but lots of laughs too! Saying goodbye to teachers was quite hard too – believe it or not!
 Make the most of each day. Try not to think about the future too much, we’re still young. Work hard,play hard. Live in the present 🙂
x
Advertisements

2 Comments Add yours

  1. Dave Sumner says:

    Dear Chloe, you have come to some wise conclusions. It is quite fortunate that you reached them at the young age that you are. You are very correct that you need to live for yourself and in the present, and not worry about what others think of you. Congratulations on finding the courage to blog and not care about what others think. Ultimately, the blogging will give you more confidence to be you and I think you will find 99% of the people are supportive. And, it will teach you that the other 1% don't matter as nobody could make them happy. Just as you have concluded, one does need to make the most of every day as time passes somewhat quickly and the best defense is living in the present. You do not want to look back someday and wish that you had spent the next 13 years, and then the next, so on, wishing you had lived for yourself. I know that first hand. Best wishes on wherever your life or education takes you next.

    Like

  2. Thank you so much! Such a lovely message that brightened up my day! Blogging has helped me a lot, more than I thought it would! 🙂

    Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s